You could have seen the OE code displayed on the control panel of your Kenmore Washer if you happen to possess one of these machines. When your washing machine is having trouble emptying water, you may get this code. This is a regular problem that can arise. It is essential to address this issue as quickly as possible because it has the potential to cause damage to your washer as well as affect its performance. In this post, we will help you understand what the Kenmore Washer OE code means, offer you some probable reasons, and provide you with ideas on how to diagnose and solve it if it occurs.
What is Kenmore OE Code
When the washer is unable to drain the water, the Kenmore Washer OE code displays on the display. Depending on the model of the washer, this code may appear in a variety of different formats. Although some models will show an error code that begins with “F,” some may just display the letters “OE.” Despite appearances, the coding is pointing to a problem with the drainage system as the source of the issue.
When the OE error number shows, it means that the washer is having trouble removing water from the tub. Depending on what’s causing the issue, this problem could manifest itself at a different stage of the cycle each time it happens. The OE code may show at any point throughout the cycle, including the wash, rinse, or spin.
Possible Causes of Kenmore Washer OE Code
The Kenmore Washer OE error code may have been brought on by a number of different problems, such as a clogged drain hose, a blocked pump filter, or a drain pump motor that isn’t working properly. The following is a list of some of the potential reasons behind the OE code:
Clogged or kinked drain hose: If the drain hose is clogged or kinked, water will not be able to flow out of the washer, which will result in the OE code being displayed.
Pump filter that is clogged or unclean: The pump filter’s job is to collect debris and keep it from entering the drain pump. If the filter is clogged or dirty, it may not be doing its job. The OE code may display if the filter is clogged or unclean, either of which might prevent air from passing through it.
The drain pump motor is not working properly. The drain pump motor is the component of the washer that is responsible for draining the water. The OE code may display in the event that the motor is not working properly or is otherwise malfunctioning.
Foreign objects stuck in the drain pump. OE code is shown because of a malfunction caused by a foreign item lodged in the drain pump There are instances when a foreign object can get stuck in the drain pump, causing it to malfunction and display the OE code.
Control board malfunction. The control board is responsible for handling a variety of the washer’s functions, including the drainage system. But, it seems to be malfunctioning. It is possible for the OE code to occur if the control board is faulty and is the source of the problem.
How to Troubleshoot and Fix the Kenmore Washer OE Code
If you are getting the OE code on your Kenmore washer, you may follow these steps to investigate the problem and solve it:
- The first thing you should do is switch off the washer and then unhook it from the power supply.
- Examine the drain tube for any kinks or blockages that may have formed. If the hose is kinked, straighten it out, and remove any dirt or items that might be preventing water from flowing through it.
- Identify the location of the pump filter, which is normally positioned at the front bottom of the washer. Take out the filter, and give it a thorough cleaning. If there is any damage to the filter, you should replace it.
- Inspect the drain pump for any obstructions or foreign items that might be stopping it from functioning properly in the fourth step of the process. If you discover any, you should take them out and then clean the pump.
- Check the motor for the drain pump if the problem still persists after completing the previous procedures. With a multimeter, you may check the continuity of the motor; however, if the motor turns out to be defective, you will need to replace it.
- If none of the methods in the previous list are successful, the problem may be with the control board; in this case, you will need to contact a professional repair service.
Preventing the Kenmore Washer OE Code
The Kenmore Washer OE code from occurring can be prevented if you do routine maintenance on your washing machine. The following is a list of suggestions that might assist you in maintaining the quality of the operation of your Kenmore Washer:
Clean the pump filter regularly
Regularly cleaning the pump filter is important because, as noted earlier, its primary function is to prevent debris from entering the drain pump by capturing it and holding it in the pump filter. By cleaning the filter once every few months, you can avoid clogs from forming and ensure that the pump continues to function properly.
A common cause of the OE code is overloading the washing machine, which places more strain on the drainage system and increases the likelihood that the code will show. While loading your washer, make sure to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Use the appropriate detergent
Using an excessive amount of detergent might result in an excessive amount of suds, which can cause the washer to have difficulty emptying water out of the tub. Make sure that you use the amount of detergent that is advised for your washing machine.
Use the right cycle
Some cycles, like the “rinse and spin” cycle, use less water and may be more effective at eliminating extra water from garments if you choose that cycle. If you want to avoid seeing the OE code, you need to make sure that you select the appropriate cycle for your load.
Examine the drain hose
It is important to examine the drain hose on a regular basis to look for any symptoms of wear or corrosion. If you discover any problems, you must immediately replace the hose in order to avoid the appearance of the OE error code.
In conclusion, dealing with an issue such as the Kenmore Washer OE code can be a very irritating experience; however, if you follow the appropriate troubleshooting methods, the problem can be simply resolved. You can keep your Kenmore Washer in good operating condition and avoid future difficulties by following the preventative maintenance guidelines that were discussed above and putting them into practice.
If you are unclear on how to troubleshoot the OE code or if you need assistance, be sure to call a professional repair agency as soon as possible
- The Ultimate Guide to Essential Property Maintenance
- Sustainable Success: The Ultimate Guide to Eco-Friendly Property Investment
- How to Flip Properties for Rental Investment Profit: A Comprehensive Guide
- How to Handle Security Deposits and Refunds
- Exploring Short-Term Vacation Rental Investment Opportunities